This concise book is an introduction to the role of international law in international relations. Written for lawyers and non-lawyers alike the book first appeared in 1928 and attracted a wide readership. This new edition builds on Brierly's scholarship and his idea that law must serve a social purpose. Previous editions of The Law of Nations have been the standard introduction to international law for decades and are widely popular in many different countries due to the simplicity and brevity of the prose style. Providing a comprehensive overview of international law this new version of the classic book retains the original qualities and is again essential reading for all those interested in learning what role the law plays in international affairs. The reader will find chapters on traditional and contemporary topics such as: the basis of international obligation the role of the UN and the International Criminal Court the emergence of new states the acquisition of territory the principles covering national jurisdiction and immunities the law of treaties the different ways of settling international disputes and the rules on resort to force and the prohibition of aggression.
- The first new edition of this classic work in nearly fifty years
- Ideal introduction to international law for both students and those coming from other disciplines such as international relations
- Fully updated and revised but Andrew Clapham has retained Brierly's distinctive and concise style
- Devoid of legal jargon yet true to the language of law it demystifies legal principles as they apply in international relations
- New chapters on contemporary issues such as the basis of international obligation the role of the UN and the International Criminal Court and the emergence of new states
Features ISBN Brierly's Law of Nations ( An Introduction to the Role of International Law in International Relations ). Book cover type: Hardback, Language version: English, Number of pages: 576 pages. Minimum order quantity: 1 pc(s)
Release Date 21.06.2018
Manufacturer Part Number 9780199657940
This discussion is intended to exchange information between customers. If your question answered within 48 hours, the answer gives you an expert of Dodax.