Only Believe: Examining the Origin and Development of Classic and Contemporary Word of Faith Theologies
by King, Paul L.
VAT included - FREE Shipping
Do you like this product? Spread the word!
$51.86 incl. VAT
Only 1 items available Only 1 items available
Check other buying options
1 Offer for $69.45
Sold by Dodax
$69.45 incl. VAT
Delivery: between Friday, August 13, 2021 and Tuesday, August 17, 2021
While there are many diatribes against the modern Word of Faith Movement and as many defenses of it, little scholarly work has investigated, analyzed, and compared and contrasted modern faith teaching with earlier evangelical writers. Only Believe is such a ground-breaking book scholarly book that is written for non-scholars and scholars. Among its many accomplishments, Only Believe . . .
* theologically engages both the teachings of the Word of Faith Movement and their critics, examining from the unique viewpoint of the elliptical nature of truth the counter-polarities of faith teaching and practice;
* traces the origins of faith teachings such as revelation knowledge, logos and rhema, point of contact, seed faith, faith as a law and a force, covenant rights and inheritance, positive confession, and attitudes toward doctors and medicine through the church fathers, mystics, reformers, Pietists, Puritans,
and the 19th-century Wesleyan, Keswick, and Higher Life holiness and healing movements;
* draws upon the faith teachings and practices of a wide variety of theological and denominational backgrounds: Methodist, Baptist, Presbyterian/Reformed, Episcopalian/Anglican, Lutheran, Congregationalist, holiness, Brethren, Catholic, Pentecostal/charismatic, and many others;
* highlights positive, balanced principles and models of faith of respected evangelical leaders, guiding the reader away from questionable teaching and practice and yet encouraging a walk by faith that is both strong and sound;
* contains a treasure house of preaching, teaching, Bible study, examples of faith, and research material.
King, Paul L.
Number of Pages:
0.226 x 0.152 x 0.025 m; 0.635 kg